Keep your birds in same-sex pairs.
Don’t provide a nest box.
Do not house together a same-sex pair under the age of one year.
- Basically you want to change everything that says to the Bourkes Parakeet that they are in good breeding conditions:
- Decrease the light cycle.
- Stop feeding excess seeds and soft foods
- Rotate cage toys, place in smaller cage
- Remove any toys they may become amorous with
- If they lay eggs, shake or freeze them and put them back. Do not remove them, they will just lay more which is not healthy.